Dalhousie University - Industrial Engineering (Healthcare Operations): Jan 2018 - Present
- Conducting research and teaching healthcare operations.
University of Calgary - Cumming School of Medicine (Department of Clinical Neurosciences): Jul 2016 - Present
Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Conducting research in acute stroke treatment and services. Teaching and supervising students.
Quality Improvement and Clinical Research (QuICR) - Alberta Stroke Program
- Leading a provincial team gran ($5M over 5 years) that aims to improve stroke outcomes through rapid clinical and neuromuscular imaging evaluation combined with fast treatment.
- Data visualization, health services and quality improvement research in stroke care.
Stroke Services BC - Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA): Jun 2012 - Dec 2013
- Leads and coordinates project activities including financial responsibility for improving the provincial delivery of Stroke care in British Columbia, which includes identifying and tracking metrics as they relate to the project deliverables.
BC Patient Safety and Quality Council: Jan 2011 - Jun 2012
- Facilitated improvements to the healthcare system in British Columbia (BC)
eHealth Strategy Office, UBC: Sep 2008 - Jan 2011
Assistant Director, Technology and Innovation
- Led and directed a technology and Innovation team of 6 people in research and education programs and project for UBC Medical Students, residents and BC Physicians
Continuing Professional Development & Knowledge Translation, UBC: Feb 2007 - Sep 2008
- Directed technical components of research and continuing education projects for physicians in BC (later split into CPD and eHealth Strategy Office)
Engineering Co-op Program, UBC: Aug, 2004 - Feb 2007
- Coordinated pre-employment training and co-op work term placements for the Chemical & Biological Engineering, Mining Engineering and Materials Engineering Co-operative Education programs
Matrikon Inc.: Jan 2002 - Jul 2004
- Managed large projects exceeding $1 Million, which included negotiating proposals, developing budgets, managing budgets, and managing staff
- Managed projects that delivered industrial information technology, process control solutions and information integration across business units for various industries across the US and Canada including: oil & gas, nuclear power, engineered wood products and fuel distribution
Matrikon Inc.: Apr 1998 - Jan 2002
- Designed and implemented process control systems for various industries including: wood projects, oil and gas, and food products
- Programmed simulation programs for various industrial facilities (including OSB board manufacturing plant and ethylene production plant) to provide testing and training of process control systems
Easy Language Institute, S. Korea: May 1997 - Jan 1998
- Taught english to university aged Korean adults